Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

    I was glad to see my plants growing abundantly in my garden after more than two weeks of not seeing them. Thank God for my household help who tended my garden while I was away.
cuban oregano

pansit-pansitan
basil, my poor basil, leaves were eaten by insects

    I decided to try making spaghetti using carrots as pasta (Erich taught me this idea) so I can make use of these plants.

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

    I have not cooked spaghetti since I turned Paleo and Tommy's eyes brightened when he saw what I was serving him. Spaghetti was his favorite and still is. I didn't tell him it was carrots, I just let him eat. He liked it! He consumed half of it, I ate one-fourth, the remaining we will bring to my kids for them to taste.  We will be going there in their apartment in a few hours.

    I would love to share the recipe:)


Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

2 big carrots, julliened
enough olive oil to fry the carrots (I used mild and light tasting olive oil for frying)
Sauce:
olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 big onion, chopped
5 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 can tuna in brine
sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
chili flakes
oregano and basil, chopped
pansit-pansitan for garnishing

Fry the carrots in olive oil and set aside.
For the sauce:
Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes in olive oil.
Add tuna with the liquid.
Season with sea salt and pepper.
Add chili flakes.
Add the oregano and basil.

On a platter, place the carrots and top with sauce.
Garnish with the pansit-pansitan.

Serve while hot.

Happy cooking!






Comments

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata