My Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

    I've been craving for my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for so long a time now since I decided to try the Paleo diet. And for this reason I have attempted to try several recipes from the net that are considered Paleo friendly. But then again, I still cannot get that specific taste that I miss from the chocolate chip cookies that we are familiar with.

    My favorite recipe before was the one I got from Better Homes and Gardens and since then I've been using that recipe at home, in my defunct internet cafe and gifts for my loved ones. Everybody craved for my cookies and they were sold like hotcakes. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end (but better things are yet to come).

   Until I stumbled on this and voila! I tweaked a little and here goes..

A combination of imported and local ingredients 
    Most of these ingredients I bought at Healthy Option and the locally produced ones, like the dark chocolate and honey, are from nearby supermarkets. The butter is imported from France, not grass fed though, you can cheat sometimes lol. Or you can use coconut oil for a healthier cookie.





    With this silicone baking mat, cookies always bake so perfectly. This is the advantage of having a sister with whom I share the same passion for baking. Whatever she discovers, she shares with me. This mat is a gift from her, thank you, Lelet :)


    


    This is how my cookies look when baked. I baked this batch for more than 11 minutes (around 13 minutes) because I want the cookies crispier but still chewy inside. Go try this recipe and you be the judge :)



Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 c. almond flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. honey
2 tsps. vanilla

For the chocolate chip cookies: 1 bar (38 gms) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
For the cinnamon-raisin cookies: 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 2 T. chopped raisins

Procedure:
Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
Mix the dry ingredients, almond flour, salt and baking soda. 
Add in the melted butter, honey and vanilla.
Mix just until no trace of flour is seen.
Divide the batter into 2.
Add the chopped chocolate to the first half of batter and mix lightly.
To the second half, add in the cinnamon and raisins.

Drop by tablespoon on silicone lined baking sheet.
Bake for 11 minutes, if you want chewy or 13 minutes, if you want 
crispy but chewy inside, or 15 minutes, if you want crispy all throughout.

<3 <3 <3











Comments

  1. Are You Having Problems STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Download your awesome Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can tell your man... that will induce deep emotions of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep within his chest?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, admire and protect you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this dominant instinct is so binding to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll immediately find him expose his mind and soul for you in such a way he never experienced before and he will identify you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata