Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe




    Second day of Paleo and I'm again excited as to what to cook for lunch. Found these chicken thighs in the freezer and started to look for a recipe for chicken in this awesome cookbook, Everyday Paleo.

    I found this recipe, Chicken with Mushroom Basil Cream Sauce and was glad to see that all the ingredients are available in my pantry.

Tommy and I love this so much
Chicken with Mushroom Basil Cream Sauce


    I remember cooking this similar dish using cream of mushroom soup then, but we all know that cream soups are not paleo. Thanks to Sarah Fragoso for sharing this recipe, I will definitely include this on my
everyday menu. I served this with plain lettuce and I would say that that was a very satisfying meal.


CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM BASIL CREAM SAUCE

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I used thighs, bone-in)
sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoon chicken broth (recipe here)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut  milk (I used kakang-gata, undiluted coco milk)
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 green onions, diced for garnish

Using a meat mallet, pound out the chicken breasts so each is about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium to medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
Place the chicken into the pan once the oil is nice and hot.
Brown the chicken on both sides, and then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
To the same pan add the chicken broth, mushrooms, coconut milk and basil.
Whisk together and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the sauce from the pan over the chicken and sprinkle chopped green onions on top.


Comments

  1. Having Problems STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata