Squash Cream Soup for 2




    Because I was too lazy to go to market, I have to make do of what was left in the vegetable compartment  of my refrigerator. I found a small piece of squash and some tomatoes and thought of making cream soup as I remembered I stored coconut milk in the freezer and chicken broth I made a few days ago. That would also be perfect for my baked daing na bangus.


Squash Cream Soup
serves 2

1 cup chicken broth (recipe below)
1 cup squash, cut into cubes
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced
1/8 tsp.turmeric powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. chili powder
5 pcs. coriander seeds (optional)
 2 tbsp. pure coconut milk (kakang-gata)

 Put everything in a pot except coconut milk.
Let it boil.
Add coconut milk and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Puree in a blender and serve.
Garnish with pansit-pansitan.


Homemade Chicken Broth

1 kilo chicken soup bones or leftover roasted chicken carcass
1 medium onion, sliced
4 celery stalks, sliced
6 cloves garlic
2 tsps. sea salt
2 tsps. black pepper
Water

Put everything in a pot and let it boil.
Simmer for 2 hours, uncovered.
Strain and place in small containers.
Freeze.


Happy Cooking!



Comments

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata