Hainanese Chicken Made Easy

    One dish that became my favorite was Hainanese Chicken Rice. I first tried this dish when I was in Singapore with my husband, Tommy and my daughter, Cham. Tommy's cousin who was based in Singapore that time, introduced this dish and instantly it became our favorite. I remember ordering this dish during our 3-day stay there in every restaurant we went trying which one is the best and we never got tired eating it.

    Back home, I bought a cookbook with Hainanese Chicken Rice recipe just to be able to eat again this dish. But I never tried cooking it because the procedure is quite complicated.Then I remember cooking a dish similar to this which I got from a very old cookbook I bought when I was starting family. The taste is very similar to Hainanese Chicken Rice but the way of cooking it is so easy that even a neophyte in the kitchen can successfully cook it. I would like to share this and I will call it Hainanese Chicken Made Easy.

Hainanese Chicken Made Easy




Rice cooked in chicken broth


   Hainanese Chicken Rice Made Easy
serves 2-3

1 c. water
1 3/4 tsp. sea salt
1 kilo whole chicken 
1 thumb size ginger
6 stalks spring onions

Boil enough water to cover chicken and add salt, ginger and spring onions.
 Put chicken in boiling water and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
Remove  chicken and cool.
Cut chicken into serving pieces and arrange on platter.
Sprinkle remaining salt over it and refrigerate.
Save broth for cooking rice.
Cook rice, instead of water, use broth.


Sauce  

4 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced

In a skillet, heat oil until almost to the smoking point.
 Add salt. Turn off the heat.
Add garlic and ginger and stir them around in the hot oil for a few seconds.
Add the spring onions and mix well.
Spread sauce over chilled chicken and serve.

Good with sliced cucumber.

Happy cooking! 
   

Comments

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata