Paleo Peri Peri Chicken for 2


    From a busy, busy schedule, I am back and it's again the two of us (Tommy and me). I so miss my kitchen and my cooking and because Tommy loves Turbo Chicken (chicken cooked  in turbo broiler), I looked for a recipe that can be cooked in a turbo broiler but different from my usual chicken seasoned with salt and pepper.
     And I found this: Easy Peri Peri Chicken  http://www.iskandals.com/eats/?p=8532.
 Peri peri according to wikipedia is African Birds eye chili http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_piri


Siling Labuyo (Philippine version of peri peri)
    I remember loving this dish in one of the restaurants we've tried with family. And this is my version of that dish, Peri Peri Chicken.

Paleo Peri Peri Chicken


    Instead of putting the marinated chicken on a grill, I placed the chicken with the marinade in a pyrex dish and broiled it in a turbo broiler. The outcome was fantastic, juicy inside and very tasty, skin was crunchy. Tommy loved it.


Paleo Peri Peri Chicken
serves 2

2 pieces chicken leg quarters
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
juice of half of a lemon
2 pcs. siling labuyo, chopped (I used scissors and cut it in small pieces)
2 tsps. coco vinegar
2 tsps. paprika
1 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
mint leaves, chopped

Rub chicken with sea salt and pepper and set aside. 
Combine garlic, onions, lemon juice, siling labuyo, vinegar, paprika and olive oil.
Mix very well and add chopped mint leaves.
Massage this mixture on chicken, place a little mixture in between skin and flesh of chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Put chicken, skin side down, with marinade in a pyrex dish and turbo broil for 30 minutes.
 Prick chicken with a fork and cook for another 10 minutes.
Turn chicken, this time skin side on top.
Broil for another 30 minutes.

Serve while hot. 

    I paired this with Cucumber Relish, cucumber marinated with vinegar, sea salt and pepper, minced garlic, coco sugar and chili flakes. Yum.




Comments

  1. Saraaaaap!!! Can't wait to taste this ma! Hehe gawa ka sa QC pag punta nyo dito :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata