The Man Who Will Become Part of Our Family

    We should have stayed longer with our kids in their apartment but my youngest daughter's fiance wanted to visit us in our humble abode. And so off we went home to prepare for the coming of the man who will become part of our family.

 Erich and Georgina enjoying their buko at home in Muntinlupa
    Tommy and I first met Erich Krauss several months ago, a few weeks after Georgina decided to go out  with him. He met us at a posh restaurant in Makati where they serve paleo-friendly food. Erich actually introduced us to paleo diet and I am truly grateful for that. He seemed easy to get along with and I find him a happy person, no pretenses. Tommy had a grand time talking to him. (I remember my dad who also had a grand time talking to Tommy when I first introduced Tommy to him).

    The next time we saw him was when he came over to talk about him and Georgina. This happened before he proposed to our daughter, which means he wanted us to know it first before he tells Georgina. I admire him for that. He told us things I want to hear from a man who will be my daughter's companion for life. I expected this but why this strange feeling, I don't know. Being a working mom when my kids were growing up, I didn't have the luxury of time to enjoy them. Now that I am no longer working, they are the ones busy working. And now this..my bunso will eventually leave us. She will soon start a life with the man she chose to be with. The man who, I pray, will love her just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, who will take care of her, who will want nothing but the best for her, who will make her the most important person in his life, second to God, who will value their future family more than anything else. I pray that Georgina will love and respect him in return, submit to him in the Lord and be a frugal wife. May they be loyal to each other, forgiving and patient with each other.

Erich with Tommy and me





1 Corinthians 13:4-7

 Love is patient, love is kind.
 It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   



   

Comments

  1. Having Problems STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to munch on some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out this book: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata