11th to 13th Day of Paleo Diet


Glad to be back! I was busy the past weekend after my last post but I tried to take photos of the meals we had. For four consecutive days I was occupied with attending to my spiritual duties.



On the 11th day, I sauteed kangkong with garlic, onions and tomatoes, seasoned this with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and fried fish in coconut oil.


 I cooked pork spareribs sinigang with kangkong (I bought a big bunch), okra, radish and finger chilis for dinner.
 


 On the 12th day, we had scrambled egg with asparagus...


...chicken fried in coconut oil, simply seasoned with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and paired this with...
 

...Thai Papaya Salad, same recipe from my previous post, Thai Cucumber Salad. I used papaya instead of cucumber and I added a sprinkling of shrimp-garlic flakes which I bought in Vietnam. Yummier!

In the afternoon, we attended our weekly Bible Study and in the evening, the once-a-month Breaking Room. So that means we have to take our dinner somewhere else. Here we go again, it's really hard to find a restaurant that serves paleo. Anyways, I ordered pork sinigang without rice and kwek-kwek (quails egg dipped in batter then fried in oil, yes I know it's not paleo, but this is better than other foods served in the food court).

The following day, (13th day) I woke up earlier than usual so I have enough time to prepare Tommy's meal before I leave for a two-day retreat. I added malunggay to the pre-boiled pork spareribs (sorry no photos) and this I had for breakfast, the rest I left for Tommy's lunch. For my lunch, I had fried chicken and kangkong in a fastfood chain.

I arrived home late in the evening and Tommy had his dinner already. He asked our helper to cook egg for him (now he's learning, usually he will just open a can of corned beef or his favorite, sisig when I'm not around).

So far, so good. I'm proud to say that I'm down to 108 lbs. which means I lost a total of 7 lbs. as of today. Tommy's weight is still 185 lbs., maybe because he cheats by drinking iced tea? We'll see, we still have 18 more days..  :D

Comments

  1. Having Problems STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to munch on healthy tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata