Fourth and Fifth Day on Paleo Diet

 

We had this for lunch on the 4th day. Squash Soup, Chicken Liver Adobo, and Fried Eggplant. Oh how I'm loving this menu planning. Tommy loves chicken liver adobo so much that I stopped cooking this because I thought this dish was one of the culprits why he had hypertension. In paleo, all meat is allowed, including internal organs. This time I did not put soy sauce (a no no in paleo).

Squash Soup: Boil in 1 1/2 cups of water a medium-sized onion and a cup of squash, cut into cubes. Season with sea salt and pepper. Remove the squash and mash coarsely (I don't want so fine). Return to broth and continue boiling for a few minutes more. Garnish with spring onions.

Chicken Liver Adobo: Put in pan, 250 gms. chicken liver, 6 cloves garlic, chopped (I love garlic), whole peppercorns, sea salt, vinegar 1/3 cup more or less. Boil until cooked. Garnish with spring onions (optional).

Fried Eggplant: Just slice the eggplant any which way you want and fry in olive oil. Sprinkle with calamansi juice before eating.

Breakfast we had hard-boiled eggs, 3 for Tommy, 2 for me and salabat with plantain banana.

Dinner we had pork sinigang (sorry no photos).

On the 2nd day, we had 3 eggs, cooked over-easy ((this term I learned from my brother, Lito, who was based in the US) with dried basil leaves and sea salt, Fried Daing na Bangus, and Talbos ng Camote (Sweet Potato Tops), tomatoes with onions, served with vinaigrette. Yum.


On the 5th day, I prepared this side dish to pair with my fried tilapia. I saw this recipe here, a blog of my daughter, Georgina's friend, Katie. I tweaked a little because some ingredients are not available in my pantry. Katie calls this Paleo Som Tam Salad, I'll call this Thai Cucumber Salad.

Thai Cucumber Salad: Mix 1 clove minced garlic, 3 pcs. tomatoes, 4 siling labuyo, juice of 4 pcs. calamansi, 1 tbsp. muscovado sugar (Erich, is this paleo?), 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce). Mix everything together while mashing the tomatoes in. Meanwhile, peel and julienne 2 pcs. cucumber. (I used a special gadget to do this. It was given to me by my cousin, Emma, which she bought in Thailand. Photo of this below). Put the cucumber in the first mixture, mixing well. Serve with the Tilapia.








Comments

  1. Having Problems FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to eat some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out the: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata