A Very Unusual Way to End the Year 2014 and Welcome 2015

 
    In the morning of December 28, 2014, my stomach started aching. I did not take it seriously because I usually feel this when I have eaten something that is not paleo-friendly. I thought it was one of those things, I can ordinarily endure the pain but this time it was different. The pain became more intense in the evening. I touched the right part of my belly to ease the pain but to my dismay, I felt a lump inside.

    Because of so many stories I hear from relatives, close friends, people around me, I promptly asked my daughter, Cham, to take me to a hospital. Good thing Tommy was around. They rushed me to a nearby hospital, Capitol Medical, and I was brought to ER.



Cham took this pic while I laid down on ER bed




While waiting to have my CT Scan
     














                                           




Didn't know Cham was taking my photos

    To make the story short, I was diagnosed with appendicitis and I was operated on the following day, December 29, 2014. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the surgeon didn't find any appendix. Somebody took my appendix without my knowing it! Funny, isn't it?  What my surgeon found was I had diverticulitis and he just gave me antibiotics. My diverticulum was swollen that was why it hurt. Good thing it has not ruptured yet or I don't know what's gonna happen to me. God is good, He is guiding me.

    The result of the CT Scan, by the way, was I had either appendicitis or diverticulitis. The diagnosis was narrowed down to appendicitis because diverticulitis usually occurs on the left side of the abdomen and study shows that only 10% of the patients have diverticulitis on the right side. 

    Thinking back, why did I had this when I was a healthy eater since I turned to Paleo diet? I will have a confession to make. For several months I have been eating bread, cakes, dining out and have not been exercising, only stretching in the morning, sometimes not everyday. In other words, it was my fault. I was stubborn.



After the operation with my loved ones, Tommy, Tom, Cham and Gael

        I stayed in the hospital for 4 more days. Tommy (and our helper, Ben) stayed with me while Tom, Cham and Gael went to Subic to celebrate New Year with my family, the Teopengcos (I insisted they go).


 
Our food in the hospital, Tommy bought Pancit Palabok and bread,
the goodies from Suzette, Tommy's cousin and the basket of fruits from Mike's mom.
I didn't eat the pancit, bread, goodies, promise, and I was still on a soft diet, ate grapes, btw :)












The sight of Fireworks from our window



     It was New Year's Eve, first time to celebrate New Year in the hospital. I am not complaining, I am grateful, really I am for new life. I know God loves me.





With my loved ones, including Georgina!


    Evening of January 1, 2015, Tom, Cham and Gael arrived from Subic. After a few hours, Georgina and Erich arrived from the States. Georgina decided to surprise me, (I told Tommy and Tom to tell Georgina not to go anymore to the hospital) she went straight to the hospital while Erich went to the hotel. My New Year was complete.

Georgina: Mama will wear this on my wedding day!

Let me see!

Georgina: Ok ba for Mama?

Cham: Smell it, amoy States!

Papa wants to smell also haha

Big boy Gael

Where's Georgina?

Tom trying the camera Georgina gave me

Sleeping time for Papa

    Tom and Gael accompanied Georgina to the hotel before going home. Cham spent the night with us in the hospital. On January 2, 2015, the doctor told me I can go home. To sum it up, I was able to rest and I felt refreshed. Whew..


Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light".



Comments

  1. Having Problems STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to eat some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Get your awesome Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With bistroMD you can rest assured that not only will you eat gourmet meals, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss program will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to help promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and choose the meals you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata