Looking My Best Now that I'm 60

   Because I thought of the title in my recent blog, Life Begins at 60, I will begin with a new slate and will erase the negative things of the past. I have been writing about my spiritual life, my health, my family and this time it will be my fashion style.

    Now that I'm 60, I think I have to start thinking of what I should do to look my age or to re-invent my look, if I may say so. I am a very simple woman and I dress for comfort, but I must admit that I still dress the same way I dressed 4 decades ago.

JS Prom UST circa 1975

Wearing a very colorful top and green pants with Staccato walking shoes while waiting for
our tour guide in the lobby of Marriott Hotel in Brazil


Wearing green apple top made by Georgina paired with yellow pants in Subic

In one of the supermarkets in Brazil, wearing red pants and white top
with beige cardigan, Georgina tote bag from Belleza


Strolling along the street of Vietnam, wearing loose beige pants and white sleeveless top
with longchamp bag and super comfy shoes.

That guy vendor in Copa Cabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, showed me
how to wrap the sarong I bought from him over my swimsuit


    I used to love buying clothes, shoes, bags when I was single, but when I got married, these things were no longer my priority, so being fashionable was very far from my mind then.  Fast forward to what is happening today, my children are all grown-up now, and Tommy and I are now free of responsibility financially.

    I am planning to change my wardrobe little by little and there's no better way than to search at the net if I want to find out what's new in fashion.

    And here are some of the photos I googled of the fashionable women in their 60's (actually in their 50's, women in their 60's seem too old for me lol ) that interest me:














    Scanning through my clothes, I will have to take some off my closet and I'm excited for some transformation. First of all, I plan to change my pants, and I found a wide range at ZALORA's Marketplace. They have all sort of comfortable and stylish jeans, leggings and jumpsuits. My tops are still ok and I have more than enough. For shoes and bags, there are pretty and affordable finds at several tiangge stores in Metro Manila.  My sunnies I get at GeorginaSasha, my daughter's online shop. Many different designs to choose from for girls of all ages, and for men, too. For my accessories, I am contented with gifts from my loved ones.

    Let's see how it will go. But come to think of it, I'm happy with who I am and how I choose my clothes. Being fashionable and comfortable at the same time, with the clothes you choose to wear will make you a fabulous fashionista.
 
 

1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and 
the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.
Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, 
which is of great worth in God's sight.

Comments

  1. If you'd like an alternative to randomly flirting with girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this eye-opening video to uncover a amazing secret that has the power to get you your very own harem of sexy women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata