18th to 22nd Day of Paleo Diet

 
 On the 18th day, I fried salmon belly till crispy, and placed this on top of a bed of sauteed cabbage and carrots for lunch.


For dinner, we had  pork spareribs marinated in bbq sauce and cooked slowly in a pan instead of on a grill.


For salad, I mixed gotu kola and ashitaba leaves (harvested from my garden), onions, tomatoes and burong mangga (pickled green mango). The burong mangga I pickled myself last June, when mangoes were abundant. Here's the recipe for burong mangga: Sprinkle 1/3 cup of salt over 4 pcs. sliced green mangoes. Set aside overnight to wilt. Strain while pressing gently to remove juice from the slices. Pack in sterilized jars.
Prepare syrup by boiling 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water till syrupy. Let this cool a bit and pour on the jars with the mangoes. Seal and store in refrigerator.

There was no dressing for the salad, I just sprinkled shrimp-garlic granules on top, you can also use the syrup from the burong mangga as dressing.



 19th day lunch, I just sauteed garlic, onions, ground beef and added broccoli, seasoned with sea salt, freshly-ground black pepper and chili flakes.

 Chicken Nilaga with liver, camote, carrots, saba, pechay and cabbage for dinner. I know it's this dish again but we love this and I didn't want to pressure myself so much thinking of what to prepare.


 On the 20th day, we had ginisang ampalaya with egg to go with...

... fried tanigue slices.


 Breakfast all by myself on the 21st day. It's usually this way because Tommy sleeps till noontime as he is awake from midnight up to 5:00 AM. This habit he formed when we transferred here in our home 28 years ago with no one else but us in a half a hectare land. I have lots of stories to tell but I have to confine myself with paleo, next time maybe in a separate post. That beautiful mug was given to me by my daughter, Cham years ago. Isn't she sweet? I just scrambled 2 eggs with onions and tomatoes...


 ...and in my mug was the usual hot salabat with saba, no sugar.


 We had for lunch, pinakbet with no bagoong, put patis and sea salt instead. Found this salay-salay in supermart, bigger than the usual size, and fried this in coconut oil.

Tommy had this for dinner (he requested), scrambled egg and fried talong. I had fried talong and fish paksiw, my favorite.


 Lunch on the 22nd day, I cooked chicken in oyster sauce with bok choy...

 ...and paired that with egg-drop soup with mustard leaves. I used the broth I made days ago which I stored in the freezer. I just seasoned the broth with sea salt and pepper and added egg and mustard leaves and yes, squash.

After lunch, we went to our kids' apartment and ate dinner at RUB in QC. Tommy had been hankering for this cute restaurant because he just loves the food and the ambiance. It was his birthday, anyway so we treated him to a family platter consisting of 1 big and 1 smaller piece of baby back ribs with 3 choices of side dishes. We got coleslaw, buttered beans and carrots and potato salad (we cheated again). I was not able to take photo of the big pitcher of oh so delicious iced tea.

Comments

  1. Are You Having Trouble STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat healthy delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out the: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata