23rd and 24th Day of Paleo


 We're still in the apartment of my kids and for breakfast, I cooked  hard-boiled eggs, boiled saba and camote, and the talbos ng camote and okra which our helper from muntinlupa harvested before we left yesterday. This is the 23rd day.

 That's the turbo broiler my mom gave Tom, my eldest son. I decided to cook the pata I bought at S&R weeks ago. That cut was supposed to be for pata tim but Tommy wanted crispy pata, it's his birthday, remember?

 I have overcooked the crispy pata, but for Tommy and Tom, it was not that bad, it was crispy and both of them enjoyed the meal. Next time, I will buy the whole pata, uncut, so it will be tender and juicy inside, crispy outside. I made cucumber relish and served this with the leftover talbos and okra.


 I love these organic produce which I ordered from the supplier of my newly-found FB friend. I came to know about her when she guested at DZAS. She loves to share everything she knows about food and health. She is heaven-sent. God bless people like her.

Delivery of these items came this afternoon and see how fresh the vegetables are. I am excited to cook all of these! I've been dreaming of serving organic food for my family but don't know where to buy them.
My first dish from the produce...sauteed spinach in olive oil and garlic. I added broth from the previously boiled pata. I didn't season this with salt anymore because the broth was already seasoned.

 Fried tilapia and this fish (forgot the name), which I bought from a talipapa (small wet market) nearby my kids' apartment. I love it when I'm here because everything is near, supermarkets, eateries, stalls of cooked food, drugstore, beauty parlors, mall. The fish are fresh and good and we paired them with organic tomatoes and onions.

I also cooked chicken nilaga with broccoli and carrots.


 The following morning of the 24th day, I woke up a little late. The night before, my daughter, Cham arrived from a 2-day shoot in the Visayas and as expected we were not able to sleep early.  This is what I saw on the small table facing the TV.  My son, Tom, made me this breakfast and I'm so pleased. Isn't he wonderful?  I sat down, watched TV, and ate everything except the sausage.

 This soup I made for Cham when she woke up. I just heated the leftover chicken nilaga and added broccoli, carrots, and talinum.


 For lunch, we had adobong chinese kangkong...

...patola soup with egg...
 ...and fried dalagambukid.

 Tommy wanted this, guinataang puso ng saging, for dinner...

 ...and Tom bought lamb chops, marinated it and pan-fried in coconut oil, together with the green beans. I made soup from the broth of pata and added talinum. That dinner was good. *Burp*.





Comments

  1. So yummy!!! I am so proud of you Ma! Can't wait to try your Paleo foods!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to see you and make you Paleo dishes!

      Delete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the useful blog about Paleo Recipes. Keep sharing more blogs about Paleo Foods & Paleo Healthcare Packages.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Healthy Paleo Chicken Recipe

Pork Binagoongan with Ampalaya

Paleo Tuna Spaghetti with Pansit-pansitan

My Plants

Cream Dory Paleo Piccata